lifestyle . games . fashion . travel

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Evolve Salon


Just a week before my long break to Japan, I decided to work with Evolve after looking at their instagram (@evolve_salon) and deducing that they're probably awesome with colors. And boy did they give me an awesome head of hair!

(Limp and lifeless hair with uneven color all over)

(Pretty unkempt for months now)

(Kristin, my stylist from Evolve!)

I'd wanted something rosy pink to match the sakura season in Japan but at the same time, was super worried about my hair condition since the bad bad bleach incident last year (part of my hair actually melted off!). Kristin and Dylan from Evolve chatted with me for over 10 minutes to check on the color I'd wanted, my hair condition and of course, how they were going to achieve that desired shade of mine. 

(The first bleaching process!)

I was kinda apprehensive during the start due to the experience last year. What happened was, I intended for a really light gray color and was told the process includes bleaching my hair twice to achieve it. Alas, not only did my hair melted at the 2nd bleach process, my scalp was slightly burnt due to the heater that the stylist uses. But mehhh, had to cut it all and regrow it in the end. 😢

(Kristin educated and assured me on how Evolve avoids using heat machines to hasten the process of dye-ing and bleaching thus it takes longer should you wish to have funky colors!)


(First bleach process went by well, with the help of dedicated shampoo, conditioner and treatment to ensure the healthiness of my hair. So we ahead with the 2nd bleach process!)

(Branding done well when you see their name even while your hair is being washed 😫)

(Second bleach went well too! No melted ends or burnt scalp this time, and my hair still feels very much like new!)

(Time to get the colors on! So darn excited to see the end result during this point)

(Kristin took care of me throughout and she was a really warm, friendly and amicable stylist! And I like it most when I can get comfortable with them!)

(TADDAAHHHH!)

In the picture above, the color was a purple and pink mixed but wait till you see the pictures below to see how well it has faded (just like what Dylan has mentioned!). And make no mistake, Kristin and her colleagues spent well over 7 hours to ensure the color was right, my hair can withstand the process and at the same time, making me feel at home as much as possible. 

(It was a beautiful blend of purple and rose pink hue!)

(After a week later. The mix of baby pink and purple is 💓💓💓)

(Even picked a kimono in Kyoto that goes with my hair 😭😭)

(In some angle of my photographs, my hair looks 
greyish as well 😍😍)

(So much love to Kristin's effort for transforming my hair! 💞💞)

EVOLVE SALON'S INTERIOR

(Don't we all love a minimalist, clean and cozy salon?)

(💚💚💚)

(An array of hair care products for you to protect your tresses and the color on it)

(On a side note, I bought home a particular blond shampoo recommended by Dylan so as to retain the color and the wellness of my hair. Never regret it, color is still super lasting and awesome at the 1 month mark now!)

(✨✨✨) 

(Evolve's team of stylist and technicians) 


177 River Valley Road, Liang Court Complex
#02-09 Singapore 179030
Tel: 6336 1358


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig