lifestyle . games . fashion . travel

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.


(image credit : StitchbyStitch)

I’ve always dreamt of the day I’d get to walk down the aisle with the love of my life as we welcome in a new phase of our lives together. I imagined my husband-to-be in a dashing tailored suit while I strutted down in a gown with intricate details, custom made just for me and also one that represents me, on my wedding day.

After flipping through stacks of magazines and looking for inspiration on the web, I immediately fell in love with Stitch by Stitch Co. and the pieces that they’ve made thus far with their brides. Besides having rental options for wedding couples, what you should look out for is their bespoke services, where each of their pieces are made, from scratch according to each and every bride's needs, which makes the experience even more personalized and memorable.

During my first meet-up with Joan from Stitch by Stitch Co., she took her time with hearing my proposals, my references and gave out suggestions on what I could do with the designs that I had in mind. I was looking to custom two gowns which complimented one another for the evening that was planned. Joan was warm and inviting (buzzing with ideas too!), and it meant a great deal to me how patient she was in ensuring that she captured my thoughts and ideas on the gown. Within that first meet-up, she had also created a rough sketch of what I envisioned my gowns to look like.


Couple of weeks later came my first fitting! First fittings are always so exciting and I was completely thrilled for my meet-up with Stitch by Stitch Co. to try on my gowns. I carefully slipped on the gown that they had sewn for me and was completely amazed by the fit. They did a splendid job on the detachable train on my wedding gown which i requested for and for the evening gown, I left it entirely to Joan. 

Initially apprehensive, I was impressed by Joan's selection in the fabric for my evening gown and we sat through to discuss on changing up the straps, putting on a diamante belt and altering the length! I was comforted to know that my priorities were being placed first and really impressed by SXS's professionalism! 


A few tweaks were made to the evening gown, and the team at Stitch by Stitch Co. proposed plenty of ideas and inputs for me. They also made sure that I selected options that were both practical and functional.





When the day of the final fitting came, I was delighted to find that that everything was perfect from the sweetheart neckline and mermaid silhouette to the rose gold gown with diamond embellishments. I was impressed by the workmanship of the gowns and how fuss-free the entire process was. Stitch by Stitch Co. had also taken all my thoughts and ideas into consideration and pulled off the gorgeous gowns I had visualized since the beginning.  

And I thought gowns would be the hardest on the list to accomplish! During the final fitting, we made some last minute tweaks (at Joan's request!) to make everything as perfect as possible for our big day. Have a sneak peek at SXS's work on their cheongsams as well! I fell in love with the blush one but too bad it was taken up by another lovely bride, how lucky!


Thank you, Stitch by Stitch Co. for playing a part in making my wedding dreams come true. Can I be a bride-to-be again please? 



Here's how you can book an appointment ! 

instagram : stitchbystitch.co

(p.s. Ms. Felissa Thung whom took part in crafting out my wedding dress is no longer with SXS)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig